My Life, Uninterrupted

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hey all! I have been thinking a lot about blogging lately. I haven't been taking it seriously in the past, but for some reason, I am inspired to write about my life now. Hence, I have started this blog: She Walks in Beauty, inspired by my favorite poem by Lord Byron. Here's the poem, in case some of you might be interested in reading it:
She Walks in Beauty 

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.  
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place. 
And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

The poem sounds so nice and musical, like a song. The lady being described in the poem is greatly admired by the persona. The use of contrasts (brightness and darkness) to describe her shows that her beauty brings these things together in perfect proportion. People are drawn to her not only because of her amiable appearance; her flawless features mirror her inner beauty as well. In the same way, I aspire to be a person who would exude beauty and love to others around me. My life may not be the perfect example of brilliance and loveliness, but I want to grow and lead a life that will.

I want to live my life, glorifying God and doing what I love best at the same time. I'm a girl that may seem quiet and shy, but happy and determined to succeed. Often times when all attention is turned to me, I get so embarrassed that I blush beet red or even cry. I may lack confidence in certain aspects, but I don't want to feel small or discouraged by things of the world. I feel that I want to express my thoughts through words more, and that is why I decided to create this blog. I want to really take some time for this - to record and share my thoughts on little things that are important to me. I may not be very outspoken and expressive when it comes to my personal confrontations, but through words I can be who I want to be. Without any limitations or hindrances, here is my life. ☺

2 comments: