Review: [The Face Shop] FACE it Power Perfection BB Cream SPF37/PA++

Friday, May 11, 2012

FACE it Power Perfection BB Cream
(image from their official website)
The Face Shop has a wide variety BB creams for different needs and skin types, but the Power Perfection BB Cream is their newest and best one so far (that's what the TFS lady told me when I visited their branch in Megamall just recently). It is said to be a "3-in-1" BB Cream for anti-wrinkle, whitening, and sun protection. It promises to provide "total skin treatment to achieve a 'power perfection skin' by imparting proactive care to overall skin problems, including bagginess, roughness, and dryness." It comes in two shades: 01 light beige and 02 natural beige. 

T
his is my second BB Cream. I have been using the SkinFood Gingko Green BB Cream for over a year now and I am quite satisfied with that product, but I think it's about time I try another brand. I got my FACE it Power Perfection BB Cream from my sister's friend who went to Korea (thank you dichi and achi Krissca! ☺), but it's also available in all TFS shops here in the Philippines, only a bit more expensive. It is available in a 20ml (11,900 KRW) and 40ml (22,900 KRW) tube with a pump at the bottom, which is convenient and hygienic to use. 

Like other BB Creams, the FACE it Power Perfection BB Cream
evens out my skin tone. I have been using it for about a month now. I'm not sure about its whitening properties, but it does make my face lighter upon application. The lady from TFS Megamall said that the 01 light beige suits my skin color more, but I use the 02 natural beige for a more natural look. My face looks really fair despite using a 'darker' shade (I feel like I might look too pale, almost ghastly pale, if I use the lighter shade). 

Its
oil control properties are average. I have a normal skin type, and my T-zone area gets a bit oily through the day, but I think that's only natural.

The
coverage is great. I have been reading mixed reviews on this BB cream, some say that it's heavy or a bit cakey on the face, but it's actually the opposite for me. The texture of the cream is very light and it spreads easily. I only need a pea-sized amount for my whole face, because using more than that would make me look too white. It gives my face a healthy dewy finish that lasts long. It covers up my dark eyes and blemishes that I no longer feel the need to use foundation. It's a good moisturizer too. 

I like the smell, it reminds me of baby powder but not that strong, which is nice. 


What I love most about this product, aside from the coverage it provides, is its
sun protection factor. It has SPF37, the highest UV protection that TFS offers in their line of BB creams. Because I commute everyday, I get exposed to the sun a lot. The previous BB Cream that I used didn't have any SPF at all, so I am very happy with this one. 

BB Cream swatches for comparison

From the image, you can see that my skin tone is closer to the TFS Face it Power Perfection BB Cream in natural beige. The Gingko Green BB Cream #1 is a bit lighter and I still use it sometimes, because my skin is very comfortable with it and it makes my face glow, but I would have to say that a lot of BB Creams can do a better job. It has very little coverage. I do give it some credit because it's SkinFood's very first BB cream, hence it doesn't have SPF and it acts more like a tinted moisturizer. 

There are so many types of BB Creams out in the market now, but it's all about matching your skin to the right product. Now that I have discovered the wonders of this Power Perfection baby, I'm never going back to the old Gingko Green. Just remember, when using this BB cream, just use a
pea-sized amount on your finger. Use that amount to put dots on your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin, then spread evenly. I'm stressing this point because it would get cakey and too white on the face if you use more than that.

Overall, my rating for this BB Cream is 4/5. ☺

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the info Eliza...been searching for an hour regarding the effect of this BB cream...My friend told me that almost 10 of her friends in Cebu have been using this new 3-in-1 cream...hope it'll suit my skin too...God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found my review useful! ♥ I'm still using this BB Cream until now because it gives my face a radiant look. I'm sure it would suit your skin too! ☺ Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. which one is better,, missha m perfect cover or TFS power perfection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power perfection is a good coverage BB cream.
    I got my sister bought 3 tubes from me to stock up .

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review..
    I've seen your instagram and i thought you've got nice skin :)
    DO u still using this product?
    i have fair skin tone and idk what shat that i have to buy.
    Natural beige : sounds good but im afraid if this shade could make my skin darker or strange.
    light beige : i dont want my face look really pale or even grey.
    would you mind to help me which one should i take?
    thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very helpfull information for me to decide my first korean bb cream, i have normal skin but oily the T.zone like you. I think, i'll try this one ^.^

    ReplyDelete